** I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of the parents, students, PTO and other volunteers who helped make our Book Fair successful!!!!!
- Third Grade watched parts of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory during Book Fair to go with our school-wide theme.
- Second Grade watched parts of The Great Lollipop Adventure.
- First Grade watched parts of Tom & Jerry’s Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- Kindergarten watched parts of Shopkins Chef Club.
- All Grades listened to scary stories in the dark with a flashlight.
In November –
- All Grades did Food/Nutrition STEM activities. We also did Gingerbread Men/House art projects.
- Third Grade read Gingerbread Cowboy, Gingerbread Man Loose in the School, and Ninjibread Man
- Second Grade read Clay Boy and Ninjibread Man.
- First Grade read Library Gingerbread Man and The Gingerbread Girl.
- Kindergarten read Gingerbread Boy and The Gingerbread Girl.
- All Grades watched The Elf on the Shelf video.
- Third and Second Grades watched part of E.T.
- First and K watched part of Charlie Brown’s Christmas.
In January –
- All Grades talked about designers, engineers, builders and learned about different types of settings for stories like 3 Bears, 3 Pigs,etc. including houses, castles, jungles, farms, zoos, schools, etc. Students set these up during STEM time.
- All Grades talked about other Story Elements such as Characters, Plot, Problems and Solutions, Major Events. We read Lacey Walker, Nonstop Talker.
- We also started learning about Technology and Computers. Third Grade read the Computer From A-Z. Second Grade read How Computers Work. First Grade read Chester Figures It Out. K Grade did the Parts of the Computer video and quiz on BrainPop Jr. and read Computers (Little Blue Reader) and I Can Use a Computer.
In February –
- In February ALL GRADES will have lessons on Internet Safety. Each classroom teacher will do a short lesson as well as our school counselors, Mrs. C.Young (K-1) and Mrs. Cook (2-3). These lessons are NOT to scare your child, but to make them aware and keep them safe. Also, check out the links on my Educational Websites page. K-1 grade read the book and watched the video Never Talk to Strangers by Irma Joyce. 2nd-3rd grade read Don’t Talk to Strangers Online by Shannon Miller. Each grade did worksheets
- Third Grade watched and discussed The Safe Side- Internet Safety and Bill Nye the Science Guy-Computers videos.
- Second Grade watched and discussed Health for Children- Staying Safe: Strangers, Cyberspace & More and Magic School Bus Gets Programmed videos and read But It’s Just a Game about video/computer games.
- First Grade watched and discussed Arthur’s Computer Adventure and He’s a Bully, Charlie Brown videos and read Once Upon a Time Online.
- Kindergarten watched and discussed Franklin and the Computer and Sesame Street Computer Caper videos. We watched the Faux Paw Adventures in the Internet e-book on the ikeepsafe.org website.
- We also celebrated Read Across America and Dr. Seuss’ birthday as we came dressed as our favorite storybook character.